These following changes will take place from Monday 23 March 2020.
- We will be restricting our face to face service. This means that our Independent Living Coordinators (ILCs), although still working, will not be onsite and instead will provide you with a daily call. We are proposing to do this for all residents, whether you have signed a disclaimer or not. If you have an “I’m okay” button on your warden call unit, you can use that as you normally would before 9.30am.
- We will be changing our escalation process. If we are unable to make contact with you on our daily wellbeing call, we will immediately contact your next of kin and ask that they make contact with you and inform us of your wellbeing. We will not be entering your property with a master key. Please let your next of kin know about the change in process. If you have not provided us with your next of kin details please ring 0345 305 5335 and update us. If your scheme currently benefits from a mobile responder service that will continue. Please make sure you wear your Astraline pendant at all times.
- Even though your ILCs will not be based onsite, they will still call into the scheme for essential checks only, for example, fire alarm checks. You will be able to contact them on their mobile phone during the hours of 8.30am and 4.00pm. The mobile number should be clearly visible on your scheme noticeboard. If you require assistance outside of these hours please contact us via the Astraline service. We will still carry out essential servicing, such as servicing your gas appliances.
- Government advice at this time is to avoid social gatherings. Although we appreciate that social activities within the scheme are valued, for the time being we will not be hosting scheme meetings or activities. We recommend you follow the Governments advice.
- If you are self-isolating, Fortem will only visit you if it’s an emergency and in that case the repair will take place and the operative will wear the appropriate protective clothing. If you have a repair booked Fortem will call ahead to ensure it is safe to visit. Repairs can be booked during this time by calling the customer service hub on 0345 305 5335.
What matters most to us at this time is ensuring you feel you are receiving the right information at the right time and that the information is reassuring and helpful. Please continue to raise your questions in the following ways, so we can keep you as up to date as possible.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within 24 hours
- Ring us on 0345 305 5335 and speak to a member of the customer services hub
In my previous letter, I asked you to inform us if you are self-isolating, if the Government enforces isolation for those people over 70, you will not need to ring us to let us know, as we will assume you are in isolation. Your continued support during this time is greatly appreciated. If we feel that Coronavirus could further impact our services to you, we will contact you immediately.