Join the JJ Digital Champion Network
What is a Digital Champion?
A Digital Champion is someone who helps others to understand the benefits of being online and can spend some time showing them how.
Digital Champions do a range of simple things that can make a big difference to people who can’t or don’t use the internet, including:
- Teaching someone to use Google
- Helping someone set up an email account
- Explaining how easy shopping and banking online can be
- Setting someone up on Skype
- Helping someone research their family history or other hobby online
- Promoting the JJ digital offer and championing key services (website, customer portal and scheme pods)
What experience do you need?
A Digital Champion doesn’t have to be an IT whizz; they just need to have a bit of spare time, an enjoyment of being online themselves, some confidence with basic computer use, a good communicator and, most of all, a willingness to help others.
Could you join our new team of Johnnie Johnson Housing Digital Champions
What support we will provide?
- Promotion of the service
- Train the trainer support
- Access to join an online community with other digital champions
How can you get involved?
- Contact JJHTVoices@jjhousing.co.uk
- Speak to your Independent Living Coordinator
- Contact the Customer Service Hub