Horrifying events unfolded in Manchester last night. We are all in shock and understandably upset. Our thoughts are with everyone involved as we begin to come to terms with the attacks at the MEN arena last night.
For residents and customers seeking advice and assistance, we have pulled together the below key information which will assit you.
Contractor Appointments and Planned Works
If contractors miss appointments today, please don’t worry they will be arranged. Advise that there are a number of transport issues around the city centre which may cause delay or no shows to appointments. Please call the Customer Service Hub on 0345 305 5335.
Useful Contact Numbers for residents seeking advice on the MEN attacks last night
- Police have set up an emergency number for those concerned about friends and relatives. Anyone with concerns over loved ones can contact 0161 856 9400 or 0161 856 9900 for assistance
- There are 50+ unattended children at the Holiday Inn Manchester, please use and share the number 0161 836 9600 so people are aware where to call
- The Anti-Terrorist Hotline is 0800 789 321. Anyone with urgent concerns should contact 999
Useful Meeting Point
Greater Manchester Police are asking people who need help or assistance to congregate at the Etihad Stadium. They should meet at access gate 11 of the stadium.
Etihad Stadium, 318 Ashton New Rd, Manchester M11 3FF
- Follow Greater Manchester on Twitter: https://twitter.com/gmpolice or visit their website http://www.gmp.police.uk
There will be no trains to or from Manchester Victoria station on Tuesday.
- A6042 Trinity Way is closed in both directions closed due to serious police incident between
- A6041 Blackfriars Road and A56 Great Ducie Street
- A56 Great Ducie Street southbound between Francis Street and A6041 Chapel Street
- A665 Miller Street Northbound between A665 Swan Street / A664 Rochdale Road / Shudehill and Lord Street
- Victoria Station Approach in both directions between A56 Victoria Street and Long Millgate / Todd Street
- A6041 Chapel Street in both directions between A6 Blackfriars Road / Salford Approach and A56 Victoria Street
- A56 Deansgate in both directions between A6 Blackfriars Road / St Mary's Gate and A6041 Chapel Street
- A664 Rochdale Road Westbound
Transport is disrupted - check before you travel
Useful links include:
Information on how you can help
The NHS Blood and Transplant Service is asking people NOT to attend blood banks today unless they have a pre-arranged appointment.
A spokeswoman said they had sufficient stocks to meet the needs of all hospital patients. However they ARE urging people to attend any pre-booked appointments over the next few days, particularly if they have blood type O negative.
If you would like to register as a new donor or you are an existing donors, you can book an appointment which can be done at Blood.co.uk or call 0300 123 23 23 to find your nearest session.
You can find a full list of blood banks in Manchester and more information about donating here .
There is a Just Giving site set up to help fund money to help the families of those killed and injured in the Manchester Arena attack. You can donate by following the below link.