To make resident involvement meaningful we have a commitment to providing clear information about our services and provide different opportunities for residents to become involved individually or as part of a group.
Our approach to resident involvement ensures:
- That your opinion and views have a bigger impact
- To encourage more of you to get involved
- To make it easier for you to get involved, if you want to
- To streamline our approach to providing you better value for money so proposals and changes reach residents faster and more easily
How can you get involved?
These meetings are your opportunity to provide useful feedback on what is important to you and what we can do better.
Digital - JJH Voices
This is your chance to be the voice of Johnnie Johnson Housing and to make sure we listen to you. Share your views with us and sign up to our virtual group JJHTVoices@jjhousing.co.uk
Scrutiny Group and reviews
A Scrutiny Review looks in great detail at a specific service that we provide and makes recommendations for improvement.
Currently resident inspectors carry out inspections on void properties, grounds, windows and cleaning. Their feedback tells us we’ve not got the job quite right and is crucial to the way we make improvements.
This panel review any leaflets or newsletters before they go out digitally via email. The panel review content as well as design.
More information available in compliments and complaints section of the handbook.
Scheme meetings and resident associations
Local scheme meetings will be arranged by your Independent Living Coordinator (ILC).
If you would like to get involved, please contact us on 0345 305 5335 or email JJHTVoices@jjhousing.co.uk.
Your right to receive information from us
You have a right to receive certain information from your landlord.
This right includes:
- Explaining to you the terms of your tenancy agreement
- Letting you know how we allocate our properties
- Letting you know how we set the levels of rents across all our homes and within the local area
- Explaining our obligations to repair your home
- Informing you about our performance as a landlord
Johnnie Johnson Housing provides this information in a variety of ways including:
- Providing you with a copy of your tenancy agreement
- Ensuring you have access the resident handbook
- Sending you notices of your rent increases and rent statements
- Accessible information that you view and download via www.jjhousing.co.uk
Consultation about relevant changes
You have the right to be consulted about any changes that would make a significant difference to the management or maintenance of your home. We will discuss any proposed changes with you.
We will advise you of our plans, ask for your views, listen to what you have told us and let you know what we are going to do before taking any action.