Protecting your data
As a trusted provider of housing services, we are fully committed to the protection of your data. Our robust and comprehensive policies and procedures ensure we are fully compliant with UK law, including the Data Protection Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This page forms part of Johnnie Johnson Housing’s response to GDPR and the UK Data Protection Act 2018. Specifically, it’s our response to GDPR Article 12 (Transparency and the exercise of the rights of the data subject). The notices you’ll see on our data collection forms are our response to GDPR Article 13 (Information to be provided where personal data are collected from the data subject).
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- your right of access – you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information;
- your right to rectification – you have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete;
- your right to erasure – you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances;
- your right to restriction of processing – you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances;
- your right to object to processing – you have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances;
- your right to data portability – you have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Our GDPR Data Protection Officer can be contacted at email@example.com.
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can talk to us at:
Customer service hub: TalkToUs@jjhousing.co.uk, 0345 305 5335
Write to us: Head Office, Astra House, Spinners Lane, Poynton, Cheshire, SK12 1GA
Speak to your Neighbourhood Housing Officer (NHO) or your Independent Living Coordinator (ILC).
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk